Library Cataloger at Hillwood Museum
Part-time, hourly (approximately 8 hours per week, some telework possible)
Catalog and assist with the processing of library materials; work with library staff to maintain and develop library services for museum staff and the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Original and copy cataloging of monographs and serials in a variety of languages; coordinate with IT staff on the implementation and maintenance of library software and upgrades; maintain quality control of local database; other projects as assigned.
- Use OCLC Connexion to edit existing records and/or create original records for each item.
- Import records into library database (InMagic), ensuring completeness and accuracy of the database.
- Print spine labels.
- Resolve problems or issues that arise with the cataloging of items in the collection.
- ALA-accredited MLS preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years original cataloging in an art library environment preferred.
- Minimum reading knowledge of Russian and/or French languages.
- Thorough knowledge of cataloging principles and procedures including AACR2, USMARC formats, LCSH, authority control, and LC classification.
- In-depth experience with OCLC.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse community of colleagues and library users.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Art subject cataloging experience preferred.
- Background in art history, Russian, or European history desired.
ABOUT THE LIBRARY:
The holdings of the Art Research Library reflect the museum’s collection of imperial Russian and 18th-century French decorative arts. A dynamic research collection, it contains over 30,000 volumes including monographs, serials, auction catalogs, and electronic resources.
No phone calls please. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.