The Dettre Graduate Archival Internship at the National Museum of Women in the Arts
The Dettre Graduate Archival Internship is a part-time (20 hours) paid position for one year.
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of the Library and Research Center, the Dettre Archival Intern is responsible for performing various tasks related to the National Museum of Women in the Arts Archives. Functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Processing records
- Updating information in Clara: Database of Women Artists
- Assisting in inventory and appraisal of records
- Arrangement and re-housing of permanent records in a variety of media
- Description of records (including finding aid creation and archival cataloging records)
Candidates must be enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, an ALA-accredited library school or an accredited archives program. Ability to lift heavy boxes, demonstrated attention to detail, and familiarity with Microsoft Office software are required. Familiarity with principals of archival and records management, knowledge of art history and/or museum studies, and excellent communication skills, are preferred.
To apply send your cover letter and resume in one document (PDF preferred) and unofficial transcript by Oct. 3rd, 2011 to be considered for this position. The person chosen will start on Nov. 1st, 2011.
Your cover letter must include the following:
1. Prior experience working with archival collections.
2. Relevant classes related to archives.
3. Background and interest in art and art history.
4. Name of one archival reference (professional or academic) and their contact information.
Please send your application to:
Director of the Library and Research Center