Position: Corporate and Family Archivist
Institution/Organization Name: Stonehavens
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): Potomac, MD
Job Description: Stonehavens seeks a qualified individual to assist in the identification, inventory creation, organization, and ultimate transfer of corporate and personal family records to identified archives.
Salary and Work Schedule: $16 per hour, 10-15 hours a week. Schedule flexible to accommodate school schedule if currently a student, with limited work from home hours, with approval. Hours of business generally between 10am to 4pm.
Job Location: Work site is in Potomac, Maryland. Metro and bus services are available.
Key Responsibilities: Working under the supervision of a member of the family office, the Archivist will inventory and arrange records identified for long-term storage in the family archives. Archivist will create necessary inventory and description to accompany the records.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Currently pursuing an ALA-accredited master’s degree in Library and Information Science, or recent graduate in same program
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in History, or Museum Studies, with an emphasis in Archives
- Experience in planning projects, executing plans effectively, and meeting deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft applications, such as Word, and Excel
- Strong and communication skills, orally and in writing
- Experience managing a variety of record types, including: corporate records, personal papers, photographs, photo albums, correspondence, and ephemera
- Familiarity with recognizing and handling confidential information: social security numbers, phone numbers, etc.
- Experience in donor relations
Submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references electronically to Scott Brannan: Scott@stonehavens.net
Date Posted: April 26, 2017
Application Deadline: May 12, 2017