The National Gallery of Art is seeking applicants for a Federal permanent full-time library technician position in the library’s technical services department.
Library Technician (Technical Services)
This position is located on the staff of the Collections, Exhibitions, and Programs Officer in the Library’s technical services department (PL-T). The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of complex duties relating to the cataloging and processing of library materials for the Library’s collection and to the maintenance of bibliographic data in automated library systems
- Locates, creates, and maintains bibliographic information.
- Searches bibliographic online and print resources for cataloging copy based on information supplied by vendors or library staff.
- Enters, updates, and revises data to conform to library policy.
- Transfers cataloging records between bibliographic utilities and the local library system using appropriate computer software. Creates holdings and item-level records for newly cataloged library materials.
- Updates holdings records to reflect changes to shelving locations as necessary.
- Performs ongoing and special projects for the review and maintenance of bibliographic data in the Library’s online catalog; evaluates modification requests from Library Reader Services staff and takes appropriate action to resolve conflicts or inconsistencies, making necessary revisions or consulting with catalogers as appropriate.
Detailed information about the position’s duties and qualifications as well as application instructions are available via the USAJOBS links provided below. Applicants must provide ALL supporting documentation at the time they apply to the vacancy announcement in order to be considered.
The announcements will close at 11:59 p.m. Friday, May 15, 2020. This announcement has an application limit of 100 applications.
NGA-20-85A (Open to all U.S. citizens)
NGA-20-85B (Persons with federal competitive status or reinstatement eligibility, or who are eligible under the Veterans’ Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) or other special hiring authorities, including Veterans’ Recruitment Appointment (VRA) authority and Schedule A authority to hire individuals with severe disabilities.)
Note: Persons wishing to be considered under both announcements must apply separately to each. Current Federal employees who do not meet the time-in-grade requirement should apply to announcement NGA-20-85A.