The Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the VRA is accepting applications for a $300 Travel Award for the VRA Baltimore 2020 conference. All are eligible to apply, but preference will be given to members residing in central and eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, southern New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
To apply please complete this form by February 3:
ARLIS/NA Mid-Atlantic will be voting on two officer positions in early December: Vice-Chair and Treasurer. This is a great professional development opportunity and chance to to serve your association. If you have someone you’d like to nominate or would like to volunteer, please email Kim Lesley, Chapter Chair, at email@example.com. Duties are as follows:
- Serve a two year term, beginning on January 1, 2019
- Maintain bank and PayPal accounts
- Manage chapter expenses and dispense funds for Mid-Atlantic Travel Awards and ARLIS/NA Annual Conference Donation
- File 990-N (e-postcard) annually with IRS
- Maintain membership statistics
- Produce quarterly reports regarding funds and membership statistics
- Responsible for taking meeting minutes
- Serves in the absence of the Chair
- Will serve as Chair the next year (2020) and Past Chair the year after (2021)
Students are eligible to serve, keeping in mind the two and three year terms of service. All chapter officers must be current members of the local and national chapters.