2018 Summer Meeting
ARLIS/NA Mid-Atlantic Chapter, Summer 2018 Meeting, Friday, June 8, 2018, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
Stephanie Grimm, Heather Slania, Kristen Regina, Sarah Osborne Bender, Shira Eller, Anne Evenhaugen, K. Sarah E. Ostrach, Karina Wratschko, Emily Rafferty, Gregory P J Most, Nickolas Falk, Anne Simmons, Mary Louise Castaldi, Rebecca Bruner, Courtney Tkacz, Julia Wisniewski, Kelin Baldridge, Nick Curotto, Roger Lawson, Bettina Smith, Katie Monroe, Elise Tanner, Kristin Alexander, Christopher Needham, John Hagood, Lynora Williams, Elizabeth Ajunwa, Anna Tomlinson, Yuki Hibben, Samia Khan, and Kathy Woodrell
- Approval of winter meeting minutes
- Website and Communications Report
- (Courtney Tkacz, Web Manager; Chris Needham, content editor)
- On behalf of Courtney Tkacz, member directory current; 3 posts on the blog. Can always use web content; send content to Chris Needham. She is working on setting up google analytics and will be able to share report on web analytics at fall meeting. Send Chris anything you want to highlight from your library.
- 142 subscribers to the listserv (reported by Roger)
- Treasurer’s Report (Vada Komistra)
- Membership numbers are about the same.
- 2019-2021 treasury term is coming up; think about applying for the role. A call will go out at coming fall meeting (to take effect January 1).
- 2019-2021 Treasurer Term
- Only office that has a 2 year term
- Greg is the current president of WALRC; transferring funds to the chapter. There is a plan in place for spending down WALRC funds; will support chapter member attendance of national conference and support student travel to ARLIS/NA annual conference. Will submit a plan for spending to chair and vice-chair. In addition to Caroline Backlund fund new standing committee will address how to spend WALRC funds. Mid-Atlantic chapter absorbing WALRC.
- Updates on Joint meeting with Southeast Chapter
- Save the Date coming soon; recently sent out a poll to get date preferences is currently out and still open. October 8th gala held annually in Richmond which is why it’s ideal to have the joint conference after this date. Southeast Chapter meetings typically last 2 days and include presentations with posters or panels, programmed tours (which have registration costs), and raffle fundraiser. the A date will be settled on, ideally in the next week.
- Mid-Atlantic typically does Caroline Backlund fundraising; Stephanie will coordinate with Backlund committee to create a plan.
- Other Business
- Roger suggested we can open up to questions to the NDSR Art residents if there were any that didn’t get answered; what other institutions are working with Time-based Media; Guggenheim, Met, SAAM, Minneapolis, Tate, MoMa;
- GW Libraries received a Luce grant for the Corcoran Archives. This is a 1.5 year grant to improve access to the archives.
- ARLIS/NA Executive Board discussed renewing the agreement with University of Illinois Urbana Champaign; not clear on collection scope with regard to chapter records.
- Anne and Tessa taking part in OCLC webinar on assessment; posed question of regional resources; think about assessment regionally; suggest to meet locally to address user needs. Email Anne Simmons or Tessa B. if you’re interested in coordinating to leverage data; want to know what data everyone is creating, how does data inform your policies etc… Anne will email webinar info to listserv.
- Alma migration- Sarah Osborne Bender; moving from Voyager to Primo; those who are going through this sort of migration can share documents/workflows/etc… email Sarah if you’re interested in getting involved.
- Meeting adjourned at 2:33pm.