Friday, October 28, 2011
ARLIS DC-MD-VA Chapter meeting at Smithsonian American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery and Freer and Sackler Galleries
1. Approval of meeting minutes. Minutes from the Summer 2011 meeting, held July 29, 2011 at George Mason University in Fairfax, Va were approved.
2. Report from the Chair. Anne Simmons circulated a report from Laurel Bliss, Chapters Liaison. Of note was a rough schedule of the upcoming Toronto conference.
3. Treasurer’s report. Megan Halsband reported little change in finances since last our meeting in Fairfax, Va. She did report a slight increase in membership.
4. Web and Communications report. Roger Lawson confirmed that our listserv services have been successfully migrated to Lsoft and that all features remain the same.
5. Conference Committee report. Anne Simmons and Kathy Woodrell will serve as local accommodations co-chairs. Megan Halsband and Roger Lawson will serve as conference committee co-chairs. There are no dates identified for the 2014 conference as selection of conference hotel is still pending. Megan and Roger have submitted to ARLIS/NA a list of 14 suggested hotels and a list of three preferred weeks.
6. Other chapter business. Anne conducted a call for nominees to serve as ARLIS/DMV vice-chair for 2012. Kristen Regina nominated Marla DiVietro. Anne will create a ballot for voting before the end of the year. There was some discussion regarding the location of our next local meeting (spring will take place at the Toronto conference). Yuki Hibben suggests VCU and a meeting that focuses on their comics and zines collection.
Meeting was adjourned.